Monday, August 12, 2013

Oooh La La Orange Chicken!

Well, it's been a bit since my last post.  I wish I could blog everyday peeps, but I have this thing called a
J-O-B, that just happens to suck the life out of me at times.  Unfortunately, it pays for all the food that I blog about and put in my family's bellies!  We also purchased a new home and took a mini vacation.  This...



I love her!  Ain't she a beaut?  We had a good time using her, and I hope we make time to use her more.

Since we chatted last... I started a new venture... making home brewed Kombucha!  First batch, I crashed and burned.  Second batch, grew mold.  I read this doesn't happen often... of course it would happen to moi!  So... I am doing two things!  Ordering a new scoby, and going to try to grow my own.  A scoby is a very interesting thing... so I will take pictures, explain about them and introduce you to them in my posts to come.

A few nights ago while trying to go through some old recipes... I realized that I hadn't made orange chicken in a while.  I have never honestly been a huge fan of traditional orange chicken, but this one really fills the void of Chinese food for me.  Hit's the spot.  The last few times I made it, I couldn't get the chicken crispy enough... so I tweaked the recipe.  Let me know what you think...

Oooh La La Orange Chicken


1 lb Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup Arrow Root Powder
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup Unsweetened Orange Juice
4 Tbsp Coco Aminos
Zest from 1 Orange
2 Tbsp Agave Nectar
2 Cloves of Garlic (Chopped)
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Chives
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Salt and Pepper

Cut chicken into cubes, toss with Salt, Pepper and Arrow Root Powder.  Heat Olive oil in a pan and brown chicken on all sides.   While chicken is browning, combine Orange Juice, Coco Aminos, Orange Zest, Agave, Garlic and Pepper flakes in a bowl and mix well.  Once chicken is cooked, add sauce mixture and cook until sauce thickens and chicken is crispy.  Serve with chives and sesame seeds on top.  This is really yummy sitting on Cauliflower Rice.  




No comments:

Post a Comment