Friday, August 24, 2012

Is this a dream... Nope it's Friday!!!

 
 
Friday's are glorious day's aren't they?  They are filled with such hope of restful weekends and time away from work.  For those of you with families though, you know that that hope is only wishful thinking.  We spend our weekends getting everything ready to do the next week all over again!  It's a vicious cycle. 
 
I blew my diet last night and paid for it!  I had a glass of wine... OK.. maybe two!  Who's counting... Geesh!  Anyhoo, I am not supposed to have any alcohol during this 30 days to a better me kick I am on.  But, yesterday was a hard day at work and alcohol just seemed to be inviting!  It was until bed time at least!
 
 
Along with the stool sample that scarred me for life... you know the one that told me of my little house guest?  I also did a Cortisol test.  My Cortisol levels at night are through the roof.  Apparently the cause is related to my blood sugar dropping between the time I go to bed and the time I get up, causing my body to produce excess cortisol.  Controlling my blood sugar has been one of the main goals of my doctor.  I am taking Proglyco-SP, 2 tablets 3 times a day with food.  I really think it has made a huge difference, and if I miss a dose, I notice it.  That along with the Adrenalcalm that I am using... which is a cream, 3 times a day, really has helped my sleeping habits. 
 
 
 
 
I've been sleeping a lot better.  I really noticed it last night when I decided to be a little rebellious and drink my glass of vino!  I also forgot to take my nightly dose of Proglyco with my dinner!  OOPS!  I woke up to pee at 12:30, and again at 2:30.  Both times I didn't feel good, I felt jittery, heart beating fast, and had a hard time getting back to sleep!  I use to feel that on a nightly basis, but knowing now how it feels to rest at night... I don't want to do it again.  
 
Tonight... herbal tea, two Proglyco, and Adrenacalm... mmmmm sllllleeeeeep! 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment