Thursday, March 13, 2014

Grain Free Rolls & Buns...

Hello peeps!  I can't believe it's already March!  Christmas if only 289
days away!  Yikes!  It's still crazy weather in Cali.  The trees are so confused and so am I.
It's still WINTER... why the hell is my tree blooming?  UGH!  We are getting some rain this weekend... but I will believe it when I see it.  In the famous words of Forrest Gump... "That's all I got to say about that!"

The hubs and I took a few days this last weekend and headed up the hill in our traveling casa!  We realized that we've only had it out four times since we bought it last year!  Tragedy!   I got to cook in my favorite little kitchen, wear flip flops all weekend and watch ducks poop on my Patio Rug!  Fun times! 

So this week I am going to share one of my favorite recipes I think in a while.  Since ditching the grains, the one thing I really crave sometimes is a sandwich.  Hard to make a real sandwich without the bread.   I found a recipe online a few months back and I have tweaked it so many times I can't even tell you what the original recipe was or where it came from.  Well... I lie... it came from Pinterest originally... duh!  Pinterest is the bomb!  Any hoo... I make dinner rolls with this recipe and I use my bun pan and press dough into them to make thin little sandwich pieces of heaven.  I usually smear avocado on those bad boys, throw some applegate turkey and sour kraut on them and dig in!  Here's some of my favorite ingredients I use to make them.  

I have become a huuuuuge fan of avocado oil.  Avocado's are amazingly good for you, and this avocado oil that I order from Bella Vado is the best... no other Avocado oil can compare.  



Grain Free Buns & Bread





1 1/4 cup Arrowroot
3/4 cup Coconut Flour
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Chives
1/2 cup Warm Water
1/2 cup Avocado Oil
1 Egg

Mix all ingredients in a mixer until makes a sticky dough. There are two options on how to make.  Rolls or buns.  Rolls I just make balls and cook them on parchment for 30 minutes. 

For my thin breads... I press a think layer of dough in my bun pan...


 cook on one side for 5 min, flip them over and cook an additional 5 min. Place on parchment to cool. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment