Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Yes you can eat PIZZA!!!

Three weeks of Turbofire done! Chalene Johnson can motivate like no other. This is my week of truth though people... you see, every time I start this workout... week 4 is when I always fizzle out and my excuses seem to take over!  Nope, not this time.  "YOU ARE NOT TIRED"!!!  Actually, I am!  I am so tired.  The job is crazy this week... but I can't let it get to me!  My mantra this week... 

So this last weekend I was craving pizza so bad! I don't often get that craving, but we all know that the only thing you can do to fight off a pizza craving is to EAT PIZZA!  Well, me being me, and my belly being my belly... I have to make my own, ordering out even once is NOT an option.  I started looking through my blog and realized that I have never posted my pizza recipe here!  WHAT?  That's just not cool of me to hold out such grain free, dairy free goodness from all of you!  You can have pizza people! Be creative with your toppings of choice and enjoy!

The Perfect Paleo Pizza Crust


Preheat your oven and Pizza stone to 425 degrees. 
 (We found that a pizza stone works really well to get a crispy crust)


1/4 cup warm water
2 tsp Organic Honey
1 package of Instant Yeast (Gluten Free of course)

Combine all ingredients above and set aside to let the yeast get frothy.

In a mixer, combine the following:
3/4 Cup Almond Flour
3 TBSP Coconut Flour
2/3 Cup Arrowroot
Sea Salt
1 egg
2 Tsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Coconut Vinegar

Pizza Sauce (Sugar Free and Organic)
Toppings of choice

Once ingredients have been blended well, scrape ingredients onto a piece of parchment paper in a ball form.  Get another piece of parchment paper and rub olive oil on top of it.  Place Olive oiled paper on ball and start pressing the dough into the shape you want your pizza. (Your dough will be between two pieces of parchment)  This makes it really easy to get it into a round pizza shape.  You can make it as thick as you want or as thin as you want.  This is not a traditional dough texture you will be use to.  Once you get the shape and desired thickness you want... carefully remove top parchment paper.  Do not remove dough from bottom parchment... place parchment and all on the pizza stone and bake for about 5 to 6 minutes.  Bring stone out of the oven, flip the dough disc onto the stone upside down so that the top part is now on the stone.  On the cooked side, place pizza sauce and toppings of choice.  Place back in oven for 5 minutes more.  At this time, turn your broiler on high and get those toppings all bubbly.  Pull out of oven and let cool on cooling rack.  Cut up and eat up!  MMMMMM! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment