Monday, April 7, 2014

21 Day Fix!


So for the next 21 days I am going to take you guys on a little different journey with me.  So don't just walk a day in my flip flops... walk in them for 21.

I have hit a plateau, one that I don't want to be in anymore.  15 years ago I went on a journey to lose weight... and I did.  Over 100 lbs actually!  I made a vow to myself to never go back.  I don't want to be that girl anymore.

She was unhappy and unhealthy!  Although I did drop the weight... I have been struggling to get down the last 20 lbs.  I seem to have become really good at maintaining... but I don't want to maintain anymore.  I want to better myself and my health.  I want to wear shorts this summer.  I seriously have not worn shorts out in public in over two years.  So this girl now is going to give herself a swift kick in the ass and make those goals happen.  Weight loss isn't as important to me as kicking some bad habits I've developed and getting those thunder thighs back in check.  

My eating is clean... I workout... and I have a great online support group of women that keep me in check. Since joining forces with them I have done so much better than I did on my own.   but I need a jump start to get going and an added boost!  I have committed to do the 21 day fix... Here's what it's all about...




21 days of eating real food, new exercise routine, and a new attitude.   Yesterday I spent the day cooking and portioning out my food for the week.  I knew I needed to plan, or I would come up with some excuse to de-rail.  I warned the family... and made it clear that everyone needed to support momma for the next 3 weeks.  

Here's how it works... you have to figure out your caloric needs and then you basically have to make sure all your portions fit in these containers...

So, I sat down with my book, and made my plan of action... started cooking, chopping and portioning out my food for the week.  I'm always so busy trying to create dishes , that I realized I had forgotten how pretty food in it's natural state can be.  Check out those radishes!  


My downfall with this program will be not being able to have my wine.  Actually it is allowed, however, only three times a week, and the wine has to fit in this...
SERIOUSLY?  That's one swig!  Oh Geez!

So here I go... wish me luck!  I am going to try to blog daily, and hopefully inspire a few people along the way.  I am actually on Day One today... I will always be a day behind so I can give you the full scoop on how it went.  The down and dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment