Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chili Verde... MMMMM!

Now that we have got the hang of this Paleo lifestyle... I just really want to start experimenting and try to make some creative dishes.  There are a lot of people out there who have already started doing this and why re-invent the wheel I say.  Later I will probably get daring and start experimenting with my own, but right now I just want to focus on this new way of eating! 

Some of the people I am currently stalking... Sara Fragoso over at Everyday Paleo, and Juli Bauer over at PaleOMG!  First, Sara has been doing this for a long time.  She has recipes that are super easy to make and fit in with a family lifestyle.  I just ordered her new book, I will let you know how it is.  Juli?  What a hoot she is!  Love her!  I love her writing style... she tells you how it is and she comes up with some pretty awesome recipes! 

So this Chili Verde... it's a Everyday Paleo Recipe!  (Click on the Chile Verde and it will take you there)!  I'm a huge fan of Tomatillo's and every chance I get to cook with them, I jump on it!  I cooked this pot o' goodness all afternoon on Sunday while I cleaned the house!  It was absolutely delicious.  As as side dish... I made some baked okra.  I've been loving the farmer's market lately, and honestly, I think that's the only thing I like about summer.  Anyway... they always have fresh okra there.  In the olden days of yore... I would have breaded, fried and threw in a green tomato!  In most recent "gluten free" days of yore... I would have done the same but with gluten free flour.  How am I going to Paleo this I wondered?  Well, one thing I have learned with the Paleo lifestyle, that most of the time, simple is better!  That's what it really is all about you know, taking fresh food and not adding tons of crap to it.  Real food DOES taste good!  I washed it, cut it up and threw it in a bowl.  Tossed it with some coconut oil and some seasoning and baked it in the oven at 425 until the outside was crunchy!  It was just my son and I eating that night, and honestly there was not one okra morsel left!  It was awesome! 

So head on over to Sara's page, go get some Tomatillo's and give it a shot!  You're gonna love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment