Sunday, September 16, 2012

Creamy Pesto... My new obsession!

This week was kind of a strange week at our house.  My hubby was on a fishing trip, and gone for almost 5 days.  I used this time to experiment with some new recipes that I've been wanting to try.  I must say that he has been really good about this diet, he feels better and for the most part, stuck to it on his trip!  I'm very proud of him. 

You will notice when you start cooking Paleo, you really have to change your way of thinking and sometimes that takes a while to do.  Who would've thought that you could use walnuts, avocados, and other things of that nature to make things creamy?  I mean, you think creamy... you think CREAM!  Well brothers and sisters... cow milk is intended for baby COWS!  Not humans!  We are the only species on earth that drinks milk as adults!  Seriously... think about it.   You don't see cow's walking around in a field drinking off of each others cow boobies do you?  Nope! 

Anyway... on that note.  Getting the family to think outside the box has been a bit challenging.  But at some point, a piece of chicken and some broccoli just gets boring for dinner, especially when you are a house hold of foodies!  So, with him gone, this was my chance to experiment a bit.  The kids just didn't have a choice.  A few good things came out of this week, however, my favorite had to be the Creamy Pesto recipe that I found on Everyday Paleo. 
 
I know that the picture above does not do this deliciousness justice!  I seriously can't keep my fingers out of this stuff.  Just put your big people panties on and get over the fact that it looks like a pile of poop! 
 
The recipe was called Sun Dried Tomato Meatballs with Creamy Pesto!  I made the whole shabang.  It was easy peasy and extra yummy!  You should click on that link above and get cooking!  Check out these babies cooking!  Delish!!!
 
 
Shoot on over to Everyday Paleo and give them a try!  


No comments:

Post a Comment