Sunday, September 9, 2012

This Paleo Thing Called Love!

It's been a few weeks since I posted here... I really haven't promoted this site in anyway, yet have noticed that A LOT of people keep peeking in at it.  Makes me wonder how many people out there are suffering! 

This Paleo thing has caught on in my household like wild fire.  Hubby is even sticking to this diet, and for him to keep not eating cheese and making cream sauces... you have to know that it has made him feel better.  My doctor and I are going back in forth with how much weight I have lost.  When I said that I had lost 5 pounds, she said 7.  Ok... I can live with that!  However, this morning I got up and my scale says I've lost 9 pounds.  Does that mean I lost 11 on hers?  Oh how I have to wonder.  Don't see her until Friday, so inquiring minds will never know.  I didn't start this to actually lose weight... I started it to start feeling better, but I can't deny that fact that losing the weight isn't the most freaking coolest thing ever!  Anyone with a thyroid problem can relate I am sure!  Maybe the creature living in my gut has done an Elvis, and left the building!  Whatever it may be...It's awesome! 

New thing I had done this last week was a body wrap!  Ok... so the main reason the doctor recommend this was to help start pulling the toxins out of my body. The only side effect However, is you could lose inches off of your body!  Ah shucks!  And after my treatment, I showed a 5 inch loss across my body.  You must note that all body wraps are not created equal! Most will cause you to lose water weight, so once you leave and drink a glass of water, it's right back on.  The wrap I had was a body wrap by Herbalogica.  It works from the inside out to stimulate your lymphatic system and to remove toxins.  Those toxins that we store in our fat cells are the targets here!  Those are also the little creeps that cause cellulite.  Anyway, I being the scaredy cat that I am about and procedure... I was a little freaked out.  I usually am when put in a situation where I don't know what to expect.  All I can say is that I am totally pumped about my treatment this next week!  It wasn't bad at all!  They started me off by putting me on this machine that shook my booty like you wouldn't believe.  I think I was on it for 10 minutes.  It stimulates your lymphatic system, but seriously takes your breath away until you get use to it. I later heard that it burns 300 calories.  Ok... now this kinda pissed me off because there's no way a shakey machine could burn as many calories as I do getting kicked in the ass by Jillian Michael's videos, and if it did, wouldn't everyone have one.  So I'm just going with the fact that it stimulated my lymph, and kicked it into gear!  Next step was to get exfoliated, slathered with cream and wrapped like a mummy in saran wrap!  It looked something like this...

Mine looked similar, however I don't think this broad has had two babies, two miscarriages and a c-section... so needles to say, mine looked a smidge different!  The strange thing is you waddle to a bed, and lay there under a blanket for 45 minutes.  The cream to me smelled like those scented pine cones that are out around Christmas time.  It smelled yummy!  It can get a little warm on your skin, but that goes away pretty quickly!  Laying still for 45 minutes for a high strung, cortisol loaded human being was the hardest part for me I think... but I think most of that went back to the just not knowing what was going to happen!  Oh and there is the fact that you have to stand in a room and basically bare all your rolls to a complete stranger... I got to keep my panties and my bra on, but this just didn't make it easier!  Once again... I got over it! 

This week I have been inspired to try some new Paleo recipes... so be on the lookout for those.  Now, I am off to visit my workout room, where Jillian Michael's will once again point her finger at me and tell me I suck if I can't finish my push ups!  Love that woman!  She frightens me! 

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try one of those wraps at a spa but I always end up getting a scrub and a massage. I also have a thyroid problem. At first I was hyper and then they radiated me and I went hypo. I really don't like taking the drugs but if I don't I won't live very long. I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what it's like to not want to take the drugs, and I try not to as much as I can. The hyper/hypo thing stinks! That's what I suffer with. When my autoimmune isn't under control... I just have to hold on to the seat of my pants and wonder which way my body is going to go. Have you tried seeing a naturopathic doctor?

    ReplyDelete