Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Paleo-Fried Avocado's!

I still am looking back at our few days away in Monterey in awe! This last week home was our week back to reality and it was shocking to us after a few days of having no cares in the world.  Our daughter turned 21 and we had a big bash out where she could purchase alcohol on her own in front of her parents.  Freaking disturbing is all I have to say about that.  Not only did I watch my daughter get her drink on, but got glutened at the restaurant to boot!  The day after I couldn't even sit at my desk my stomach was cramping so badly.  It's been almost a week now and I am just starting to get regular poops and less pain.  Wheat is the devil !

Over the weekend I spent some down time on Pinterest.  Doesn't everyone just love Pinterest?  It's so very addictive.  I think most Pinterest people are the same way... It's comical!  We spend so much time pinning that we don't have time to do any of our pins!  

Pinning... I found a recipe for fried Avocado!  Ok... so first things first!  Avocado has to be one of the best amazing foods ever!  I honestly never thought about frying one though.  Once I went Paleo, and cut out cheese, avocado became my go to for a creamy anything, however, still never considered frying the darn things!  I took the recipe and Paleo-fied it.  Or should I say Paleo-FRIED it!  (Made my self crack up there).   

Paleo-Fried Avocado's




2 Avocado's
Coconut Flour
Shredded Coconut
1 Egg
Oil For Frying

Cut Avocados in half, clean out innards with a spoon, and slice in desired size of slices.  Coat slices with coconut flour, then in egg, and then a top coat of shredded coconut.  Fry until you reach desired crispiness!  

We happened to stumble upon Avocado Oil in Costco this weekend.  I used it for this recipe, but on a normal day probably would've reverted to my old faithful coconut oil.  I wanted a dipping sauce so badly, that I started scrambling.  I ended up using coconut milk with our blend seasoning, which is similar to Emeril's if you have that, and a little bit of hot sauce.  It was perfect.  Everyone loved these little gems... even Hub's.    







No comments:

Post a Comment