Monday, May 20, 2013

Paleo Pablano Peppers!

Happy Monday Everyone!  Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the weekends last longer, because I need to know!!!!

Autoimmune disease sucks by the way!  Have I told you that lately?  Ever since my gluten experience a few weeks ago, I just can't get my body back to good.  I think it did a little more damage than just the tummy woes.  I am having skin troubles, tummy troubles and just not myself.  I couldn't imagine if I wasn't eating Paleo.  I remember those days, all too well.  Misery, and knowledge of every bathroom in town where I would be comfortable dropping a #2! So before I get back to that point... this week will contain no Alcohol, and lots of gut healing food!  Food, is absolutely in my mind, natures best medicine.

Well, the Pepper experiment was a thumbs up!   I think I was more impressed with my Spanish Cauliflower Rice-alike, it turned out to be the shiz-nit.  If you are like my family and not interested in trying yet another cauliflower dish, trying to be rice... just please give this one a try.  I think you will be pleasantly Surprised!  I started the cauliflower rice first, and let it cook while working on the peppers.  It all ended up being done at the perfect time!

Stuffed Paleo Pablano Peppers 

4 Pablano Peppers
1 lb of Ground Bison
2 Links of Aidells Chorizo (Diced)
1 Sweet Onion
1 Heirloom Tomato
Salt
Pepper
Hot Sauce (Tapatillo is what I used)

Heat Oven to 400 degrees.  Slice Onions and saute until they are caramelized  set aside.  In another brown the Bison, Chorizo and Tomato.  Salt and Pepper meat mixture and add hot sauce until desired spiciness has been reached.  Add onions to mixture and mix well.  Wash Peppers, cut of top, clean out seeds and make a slice down the pepper, not all the way to the end... this will give you more room to stuff.  Fill peppers with meat mixture and bake in the oven until pepper gets soft and insides are bubbly.  This took about 25 minutes.


Spanish Cauliflower Rice-Alike

1 Head Of Cauliflower
1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1/ 2 an Onion Diced
2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
2 Tbsp Cumin
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 cup Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt 
Pepper

Clean Cauliflower and use food processor to chop up the cauliflower into a rice like consistency.  In a skillet, soften onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent.  Add Cauliflower and cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.  Add Tomatoes, juice and all, spices and chicken stock to pan.  Let simmer, uncovered, until liquid is no longer present.  

No comments:

Post a Comment