Friday, May 17, 2013

May... Celiac Awareness Month!

With May being celiac awareness month, I thought I would write a quick little post from a Celiac's point of view.  This article popped up the other day... not sure where... maybe Facebook or twitter, and really got me thinking on the subject.  Click here to read! 

Just recently, in my last post, you will remember that I too was glutened at a restaurant.  That's why most of the time we don't even eat out. It's just not worth taking that risk for me.  When we took our trip to Monterey, I doubled up on probiotics and Kambucha, held onto my gut and hoped for the best.  Although I do get angry when this happens and that no one takes my requests seriously... it is my choice to eat out and take that chance.  People are just not educated on this matter, and don't understand the severity, and I don't like to risk my health based on peoples ignorance.  Now my biggest beef with this article was that she was waiting on a transplant and I'm sorry, eat out at that point?  Really?  And pasta to boot?  Even before I went Paleo, I wouldn't have eaten a gluten free noodle in a restaurant if my life depended on it!  You don't know how that pasta is handled, or if it's boiled in water that normal evil pasta is.  Eating in an Italian restaurant is risky anyway... in the picture of Jamie Oliver sitting by his kitchen there is bread and croutons all over behind him.  I'm getting a stomach ache just looking at it!  BLECK!

Well, now that I am jumping off my soapbox... I will plunge into planning weekend activities.  Goal 1... shop for a new bra (the girls need help), Goal 2... conquer a stuffed Paleo Pablano Pepper!  Doesn't' that sound delish?


No comments:

Post a Comment